TORONTO PUBLIC LIBRARY
WYCHWOOD LIBRARY - PREQUALIFICATION OF GENERAL CONTRACTORS
The Toronto Public Library (TPL) proposes to renovate the existing 7,400 square foot library and build an addition of 9,600 square feet at 1431 Bathurst St. The approximate construction value is $8,000,000. It is anticipated that the tenders will be called in the summer of 2017.
General Contractors interested in being pre-qualified to bid the work must submit the following in the form of one (1) hard copy plus one (1) soft copy on flash drive or disc:
– Completed CCDC 11 (R2006) Contractor’s Statement of Qualifications, emphasizing projects completed that are similar to this project (renovation and additions to historical buildings)
– Resumes of senior management, the project manager and the site superintendent that would be assigned to this project.
– Letter from a national recognized Surety Company confirming availability of the required bonding for this project - 50% Performance Bond and 50% Labour and Material Payment Bond.
– Contractor's Health and Safety Policy and written confirmation that all Health and Safety policies will be followed for the duration of the project.
– Submission of valid WSIB clearance form and CAD 7 rating.
– Letter from a national recognized Insurance Company/broker stating your ability to acquire Commercial General Liability Insurance, with a limit of $5,000,000.00 per occurrence, Automobile Liability Insurance of $2,000,000.00 per occurrence, Builder’s risk, all risk property insurance written on the replacement cost of the library and Contractor’s equipment insurance
– Three (3) references from previously completed and/or presently under construction historical library facilities or similar historical projects, including full project description contact names, positions, telephone/email information and addresses.
– Written acceptance that the General Contractor will employ one (1) pre-selected youth, selected by the City of Toronto’s Youth Programs Coordinator, on the Wychwood Library construction site, for the entire construction.
– Written acceptance that the General Contractor and all their sub-contractors will comply with the City of Toronto’s Fair Wage Policy. The policy can be reviewed at www.toronto.ca.
Tenders will be invited from the list of pre-qualified General Contractors only. The pre-qualification process will include an assessment of submitted items, noted above.
Questions during the pre-qualification period must be directed to Shoalts and Zaback Architects, Eric Riddell email@example.com
Pre-qualification information shall be submitted to
Toronto Public Library, Front Security Desk,
789 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 2G8
Attention: Mr. Scott Smith, Purchasing Agent
Envelope shall be labelled:
General Contractor Pre-qualification Submission for Wychwood Library Construction
and must be given to Library security staff to be date and time stamped not later than:
11:00:00 AM Local Time, Thursday July 27 , 2017
Submissions received after closing deadline will not be accepted. TPL reserves the right to select and approve only those Contractors, which they deem suitable for this project.